Thursday, August 23, 2012

Recent News

Well, the biggest piece of news, and one that I can start with, would probably have to be that my junior year of high school is about to start! Woohoo? I'm super excited but also in a scared way! Hahah. So what does junior year mean to me? Well, let's pull out another one of my classic lists...

  • SATs
  • Job?
  • Suomikoulu/Finnish school teacher for babies <3
  • Helping to lead the Bible study at New Tech
  • 10:24 Bible study
  • Making lots of videos for NT Fuze (I'm a director)
  • More reading!
  • Dual-Credit classes at North Lake Community College
  • College prep
  • AP courses
  • Networking Team Captain
  • Volunteering at the tech booth every other Wednesday
  • Making videos for IBC High School Ministry
  • American Red Cross Club and Film Club
  • Working out
  • Waking up early
That looks like a pretty full list to me. Here's my schedule:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: AP Study Skills, College Release & Independent Study, Physics, AP English & AP United States History, Independent Study, Networking Leadership, NT Fuze, Algebra II.
Tuesday, Thursday: Psychology at North Lake, Physics, AP English & AP United States History, Independent Study, Networking Leadership, NT Fuze, Algebra II.


Recently, I finished the Convocation Video for our very own Coppell Independent School District. It was a long process overall, but the filming itself took about 1.5 hours, and editing only took me about 11.5 hours. Here's the video:
I was so relieved that it was officially finished whenever I turned in the DVDs. It had been a project that was at least at the back of my mind ever since April of this year. Filming it was very fun, and we got to work with Coppell's Velocity along with everyone from the school district!
Tuesday and today, we filmed the Staff Video for New Tech. That was also super fun, even though it felt like it was going to take forever and be way too complicated, but we survived! That will be posted soon, too.

I've gotten to babysit a lot recently, which has been extremely fun! However, I've also been looking into getting a real job. Not just any real job, but a job at Private Gallery in Coppell! Here's a link to their website. It's this gorgeous, high-end clothing store that's not just new to Coppell but also to Texas. Three of my new shirts and one of my new purses is from there, if you look at the second post after this one. I turned in my application, resume, and transcript, and it sounded pretty promising! I've been there to shop and visit every week lately, and I get to go in again next Monday to catch up with the manager, Jill, about possible job openings! I'm so excited! I really want to work there; it would be so amazing! And I really think it's the perfect job for me!

Before I'm off to write and print thank you letters, do my nails, and maybe watch some movies or How I Met Your Mother on netflix, I'll finish off with a little book talk. I love reading, but it has to be the perfect book. It has to be one that I can't put down, can't wait for a free moment to open it up again. Our summer reading book? Not quite what I just described. It's interesting and cool, but it's almost like reading a textbook, quite ironically. It's called Lied My Teacher Told Me, and it basically reteaches American History. Which is great because I don't remember squat from my 8th grade U.S. History class, nor did I take any other history classes because of the timing of my move to the States. Anyway, I'm just hoping to finish it so that I can go out and by this book that I really want to read next: God Girl. Oh my gosh, it's written by Haley DiMarco, who is awesome, and it sounds so amazing and perfect. Gah! Here's my book list:

  • God Girl: Becoming the Woman You're Meant to Be by Haley DiMarco
  • The Empty Glass by J.I. Baker
  • The Dateable Rules: A Guide to the Sexes by Haley DiMarco
  • The Dirt On Dating by Haley DiMarco
  • The Woman of Mystery: Unveiling the Secret to True Romance by Haley DiMarco
If you guys have any book suggestions or need any book suggestions, come talk to me! Oh, and mom helped me solve my little Marilyn Monroe dilemma a while ago. I bought Marilyn's autobiography, and it was so good! I didn't want to put it down, but when I had to, I couldn't wait for the next free moment to open it up again. Sadly, and obviously, it just stopped. The ending was so abrupt that I was like, "Wait, what? No!" and I became very curious about her death. That's why The Empty Glass is still on the list. I took off Misfit for now since, although I'm sure it's a fantastic book, it's not actually based on real events and writings, I think, so -- officially it's fictional.

That's all for now! I'm going to buy some nail polish, eat dinner, write & print the thank you letters for Honduras, and then if I have time, I'll watch a movie and do my nails. Don't want to be going to bed too late so that I get used to the "waking up early, going to bed early routine".

xx,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment