Sunday, January 11, 2015

HERE WE GO 2015

It has been a long time since I have blogged. A long time. My hair has grown a lot since... But still, I'm not hard on myself about it or anything because this, this blogging thing, is purely for my own enjoyment and relaxation. It's more play than work.

"I'm very introverted and happy to spend my time studying, sitting in coffee shops, watching my favorite shows, and spending time with the people I'm closest to."

College has begun, and I am studying, reading, and learning more than ever before in my life. Those cliché things people say about college being all about parties and fun -- well, they're not true. At least not for everyone. I am embarking on a hopefully 3-year-long path to get a Bachelor's of Science degree in Psychology, and I plan on being successful. Besides, I'm really not into that whole Greek life, party all weekend thing anyway. I'm very introverted and happy to spend my time studying, sitting in coffee shops, watching my favorite shows, and spending time with the people I love. Speaking of which...
The hardest part of college, for me, has proved to be making new friends and finding my group, -- not the study habits, not procrastination, not exams, not professors, not the big classes, not the new town. Friends. It's kind of a weird concept for introverts, but it's even more terrifying when your best friend for the longest time has been your boyfriend, and now the two of you are separated by distance, living completely separate lives, and you need to plant your feet down... Oh gosh. Finally, quite a ways into the fall 2014 semester, I talked to a mentor of mine and could see that my introversion was causing me to be a bit unhappy with where I was in the present. With that in mind, I've been making more efforts toward building relationships with other girls here in Denton.
Also, just as a side note, thank God I have an awesome roommate!

Gavin and I were Cosmo and Wanda for Halloween 2014. Check me out! ~

Sometimes I honestly wonder what we were thinking when we decided to go to separate schools. For FOUR YEARS. Are you kidding me Past Michelle and Past Gavin?! I mean I just don't understand.
It's been really tough, really sad, and I don't think I'll ever get used to saying bye to him after visits, but we've got to be really strong and cherish the time we do have together.

"It's all about communication."

One thing I've learned about long distance relationships in the past year was that it's all about communication. Literally -- because that is all you can do: communicate verbally with the other person. You can't look at each other while on the phone or texting to try and see how the other person is feeling. You can't hold their hand, give them a hug, sit next to them, or flare your nostrils to show that you're upset (that's me). Although FaceTime... FaceTime is a wonderful thing. In general, however, it all comes down to how you communicate, what you say, how you say it, when, and why. Because that's all you have left when you're apart. Your words.

You have my ♥.
Good thing the first semester went by in a flash. Winter break has been wonderful, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to get back into the real world just yet. So this week, I'll try my best to relax, spend time with people, and make efforts to love others + myself.

// Penny girl and I //
Before I end this rare post, however, let me photoblog a little bit...

I have a new room at my mom's place! It's beautiful, peaceful, and homey with a white-baige-gray color scheme. I enjoy drinking tea and relaxing in there while burning some vanilla-scented candles. Courtesy of Ikea. ;)


Here's a recent photo of me.

A photo posted by Michelle Larva (@ainoelisabeth) on

This Christmas, I made a lot of my gifts by hand, thanks to Pinterest and all the wonderful ideas that I got from there. The photo below was inspired by this post (click here).


A photo posted by Michelle Larva (@ainoelisabeth) on

My average cold-day outfit below. Priorities: comfort + warmth + cuteness


I've been fueling myself with coffee to get through some chapters and essays...

A photo posted by Michelle Larva (@ainoelisabeth) on

...and sometimes I'll include something sweet, but actually I'm trying to eat healthy. (Confession: the gorgeous-bodied beauties in Gossip Girl [click here] are my motivation.)


I believe in new beginnings, new seasons, and being made new. New Years is perfect for self-assessment, reflection, and goal-making. I have found "the ultimate list," and I think it applies to every year, and it speaks for itself.

Source link here.

So with that, I welcome 2015. Well, bye bye for now.

xx,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. A lovely post Michelle. I appreciate your honest and vulnerability. I'm trusting that special friend is in your near future. XO
    P.S. He misses you just as much!

    ReplyDelete