Tuesday, April 28, 2015

ATX


My sweet boyfriend, Gavin, and I took a trip down to Austin, TX, this weekend to celebrate the end of the school year -- having made it through the 1st year of our long-distance trek. Not only was it the perfect weekend, but I also got to document our activities and take some cool photos along the way. As you browse through the post, I'd recommend playing the following song in the background.



So, Friday evening, we arrive at Gavin's oldest brother's house. We got a warm welcome and went on a really nice double date with him and his girlfriend.







Saturday morning we began our adventuring. First, we grabbed some donuts and met with Gavin's friend, Andy, who I had been looking forward to meeting, finally! Our meeting place was the picturesque Seventh Flag Coffee house. 

Seventh Flag Coffee



Gavin's pour over





Next up was a trip to the Blanton Museum of Art, where Gavin proceeded to impress me with his knowledge of art, and I (hopefully) impressed him with my appreciation for it as well. It was a beautiful museum with many thought-provoking pieces.


Then, we changed into some more comfortable clothes, bought some picnic sandwiches from ADP, and headed out into the beautiful nature of Barton Creek Greenbelt.






At Greenbelt, Gavin stepped into some cactus sheds (poor guy). But fear not, my 20/20 vision and long nails came to the rescue. I also got freaked out by... anything and everything that flew near me (yes, even butterflies), but Gavin was patient and took good care of me.











That evening, we had plans to go out for a nice dinner, but we came up with the bright idea of ordering pizza and watching Parenthood on Netflix instead. Genius, right? I know. And it was perfect.

Sunday morning wouldn't have been Sunday morning without a proper brunch. So, we went to Elizabeth St. Cafe, which was such a charming little restaurant and bakery! They had a pretty big portion of my favorite foods: crepes, Nutella, macarons, vietnamese food, mimosas, parfaits... And on top of that, everything tasted amazing.






Our last stop was Vintage Heart Coffee for some yummy french press and tea.








All in all, it was a perfect, wonderful, relaxing, and adventurous weekend, and I wouldn't have rather been there with anyone else.  I'm pretty sure it also convinced me that I could live in Austin one day. 

You know what wasn't perfect though? Leaving him. This long-distance thing.
My drive back to Denton was quiet, cold, lonely, stormy, dark, and spooky. But I kept trying to tell myself, "The next time you see him, it'll be summer!" All that's in between is statistics homework, a research paper, a quiz, hanging out with friends, two finals, and moving back to Coppell. Just two more weeks.

And it's going to be a remarkable summer.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto Gavins blog while reading posts about coffee, which obviously led me here. You two are just adorable and I love BOTH of your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete